Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reoccurring dreams

When I was little I used to be scared of dogs, big dogs especially. When I would go to Mexico I would walk down the street holding on to my mom as if my life was in danger. If a dog would come near I would get really scared and I would ask my mom to carry me. At first I wondered why I was scared of dogs but then I realized that it could be because of a reoccurring dream that I would always had. In my dream I would always be running away from a huge dog as fast as I could but in the end it would catch me and bite me. As soon as I was bitten, in the dream of course, I would wake up and my heart would be beating hella fast. For many years of my childhood I had this dream almost every night. I think that I had that dream so many times that it became real to me so I thought that all dogs would try to bite me. When I got older I stopped having these dreams and I was able to buy a dog for me and my siblings. Now I am not afraid of dogs, unless they look vicious, but that's normal. I think reoccurring dreams can make a effect a person's life because they see the dream so many times that they start believing it. But we should always remember that dreams aren't part of reality.

1 comment:

  1. So true, always think of snoopy, wasn't he vicious? The thought scary dogs still frighten me. :( :)

    ReplyDelete